Monday, May 20, 2013

May 20, 2013

I never intended for this blog to become a daily health update for me, but that seems like it's what it has been this year.

Since I've been really sick lately and several people have asked me to keep them informed on any changes, I started emailing updates.  I really think I'm boring and annoying so I'm changing over to this blog to report.

To do a catch up, I think I have to do a timeline of sorts, so here goes (if you are current and up-to-date scroll down to "SUNDAY, MAY 19" for the latest......


TIMELINE:

Over the last two or three years I've been slowing down and not feeling myself.  Is it age related?  Is it hormonal?  Is it Hypothyroidism?  What the heck has made me feel so lousy.  It started about age 52.  Not cool.  

January 2013:
Saw my OBGYN.  No thyroid issues.  No change in hormone meds recommended.
Stopped drinking Diet Cola's.  Cold turkey.  Thought it would make me feel better.
Started dieting.  NO weight loss with Herbalife.  No weight loss with Weight Watchers (lost 28 lbs with this about a year and a half ago).
Got some sort of flu.  Sick for 15 days (into February).

February:
Still not feeling very energetic.
Trying essential oils to boost energy level - no luck.
Trying to boost energy with more vitamins and supplements. - no luck.
Lost 1.5 lbs.  Finally.
Went for a little hike up a small canyon with Jordan, Becca, kids and Wilson family.  Only got up a short distance and was out of breath, dizzy and seeing spots.  Had to stop and go back down.  Theory:  elevation sickness.
Tinnitis (ringing in ears - especially right) getting much worse.
H

March:
Starting to feel more and more fatigue every day.  March 28 had a really rough day due to lack of energy.
Starting drinking a few diet colas for the caffeine/energy factor. 

April:
April 4 had extreme dizziness, nausea, extreme fatigue.  Laid down in the afternoon and couldn't get up for the rest of the day/evening (while in Utah).
Next day felt a little better so started drive back to Oregon.  Noticed my right ear was "itchy".
Next day ear began to hurt like airplane pressure effect.
Next day was completely no energy.  Laid on couch ALL DAY.  Couldn't get up except to go to bathroom.
Next day went to doctor thinking I had an ear infection.  No infection.  Got RX for Sudafed to help with post nasal drip.
Had a hard time getting off couch or out of bed for the rest of the month.  Saw Neurologist and had and EEG and MRI done.

May:
Still dizzy and very fatigued.  Getting Fatigue "Attacks" where I just go completely limp, can't think coherently.  I feel slightly drowsy but not enough to fall asleep.  Lasts anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 or 4 hours. 
Having a lot of trouble with balance.  Sometimes walking like a drunk.
Spending hours and hours online trying to line up my symptoms with different health conditions.  Some other symptoms going on.  Sinusitis? 
Went to an ENT.  Not sinusitis.  No idea of what's wrong.
Read a lot about Aspartame Poisoning.
Stopped consuming anything with Aspartame or Sucralose (including/especially the diet colas).
Next day felt a little better - at least did not have any fatigue "attack" though still very little energy. 
Saw a Homeopathic Physician.   Got some supplements for energy and dizziness.
Feeling a little better.  Could make dinner and enjoy it.  (Have only made dinner one other time since April 4).  Was able to do a little light housekeeping.


SUNDAY, MAY 19 - Five days after starting with the new supplements had a disasterous day.  No energy, lots of dizziness.  Very weak.  "Micro" muscle spasms in neck, back and shoulders.

Today.  Feeling better than yesterday but it's only 2:00.  Wondering if I ate or drank something with aspartame yesterday?  Hoping for the best......





5 comments:

  1. Did you get a copy of your lab results for your thyroid? If your levels aren't in the top 1/3 of the range then they are actually low- if they checked your free T3 and free T4. TSH is not an accurate test for determining thyroid function. Have you had your B12 tested? You need to do a serum test for it. If it is in the lower end of the lab's normal range you are actually deficient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, yes ive had all of those tests done and they are all within normal ranges. Nothing outstanding at all. The internist, neurologist, ent and HD all don't see anything outstanding. Ive had four blood draws, 58 tests,urine tests, etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, yes ive had all of those tests done and they are all within normal ranges. Nothing outstanding at all. The internist, neurologist, ent and HD all don't see anything outstanding. Ive had four blood draws, 58 tests,urine tests, etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you actually see the test results? They numbers can fall within the normal range the lab states, but their ranges aren't very good. If you are on the lower end of their normal range it could actually be a deficiency. Many people are not diagnosed properly because of it. That is why I was asking. If you have copies of your labs it will show what your value was along with what the lab deems to be the normal range.

      Delete
    2. I replied directly to Laura through email, but thought I'd answer her questions in this forum. Yes, I have all of my test results accessible to me. They are on my doctor's website and are very extensive and detailed. That's how I printed them off and took them to the Naturopath. She also did not see anything unusual.

      Delete