So far, today was a cccc rrr azy day. If it sounded like I was saying crazy with a stutter - that's exactly what I was doing. I have had a little bit of stuttering here and there when I'm low on energy, but this morning was as ccrraazzzyyyy as it has ever been. The stuttering was maybe a little more noticable because I was required to talk to the doctor, give my credit card information over the phone and communication with Jenna when she brought them home for me. Or should I say TRY to communicate with Jenna. I couldn't raise my right arm for the life of my and my left arm was really weak as well. She helped me with drinking and got me a little something to eat as well. I think I really freaked her out. But when she left, I was doing a little better.
Whenever I can actually made an audible laugh, even though it takes energy, that's energy I'm willing to expend. We have an acquaintance at church who has a serious stuttering problem. He has a daughter named Sammi. Today, Jenna said, "Now I know what it's like to be Sammi and have a parent with a stuttering problem"! I don't know why I found that so amusing, but at least it got me to laugh! (Don't tell Sammi's dad LOL).
Blank Out. Yep, I'm finding more and more occasions where I just can't remember doing something. Like transferring that money from savings to checking (thus resulting in account closure). Now I've found that I must have had an entire dialog with someone about them helping out with some projects at Girls Camp. I guess that's better than the opposite, right? (THINKING I had had the conversation when I really hadn't)
After talking to the HD, she is continuing to believe that I'm in a detox state of being. And probably from everything and maybe even the unknown. The Aspartame, the Tegretol, the Trazadone, and all of the other poisons I've been ingesting all of my life. She thinks that Adrenal Fatigue is definitely a possibility as well. There is a saliva test I can do if I can get in to the doctor's office. That will only confirm or eliminate A.F. But most of the signs are there and so the H.D. recommended to the Cortisol supplement last week, but added more Vitamin C (every few hours) and a Magnesium supplement. The Magnesium should actually even help with sleep, so that's encouraging.
The other new supplement (that Jenna went and picked up for me today) is another amino acid supplement (branched chain, free-form).
I'm going to give up going to Girls Camp this year. It was a big decision, but I just can't do the job justice at this point and must hand it over. I had put in countless hours of preparation in January, February and March and have it pretty well organized but there are always loose ends that need to be tied up in the couple of weeks just before camp and I admit that I do not have the ability to perform these tasks right now, let alone getting myself to camp and running around like the job requires. I really thought I'd break down and start bawling my head off since I love it so much, but I really think it's the right thing to do for the sake of the success of Girls Camp - so I'm ok with it. There will be more Girls Camps in the future and I can focus even more on my recovery. I want to get as healthy as possible and be the best wife, mother and grandmother that I can.
Oh man, not Girls Camp! I'm so sorry, Cindy. That must have been a very tough decision, though I'm sure you made the right one. I'm also totally in love with Jenna and Jensen for being such champions and helping out the way they've been doing! Way to go, team Mom!!
ReplyDelete