Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Amazing Success!

I wish I were going to post that I lost about 5 pounds, but what I AM going to post is worthy of a title like this one has. 

I have been 10 days without a Diet Dr. Pepper, a Diet coke or any other diet cola (except for one small can last Tuesday)!  It's been such a different experience this time around.  I have had little or no headaches or withdrawal specific symptoms like in the past.  That's outstanding considering I was an at least a 40 ounce a day drinker! 

I have a sleeping disorder from a head injury and take LOTS of medication to combat this.  Whenever I get up in the morning, I still have a really "drugged" state of mind and it takes an hour or two to get the disorientation and dizziness under control.  In the past, I've had to get on with my day immediately, so to counteract the sleeping drugs, I'd drink a bottle of diet cola for the caffeine.  My doctor actually completely supports and approves of this and says it's not any worse than someone who would drink a couple three cups of coffee to acquire the same effect!

Since giving up the cola, I've been going to be earlier, taking slightly less sleeping meds and waking earlier.  This way, I have several hours to reorient myself to a waking state of mind before I need to be anywhere.  I really don't even have the craving for the soda first thing in the morning (or any other time of day for that matter)!  I really think that my faith, prayers and support team is making all the difference! 

I have really enjoyed my SmartPhone Widget Scripture of the Day.  Every day it can be so appropriate.  Today, it's D&C 93:27 "And no man receiveth a fullness unless he keepeth his commandments".  To me, that fits today because I'm getting a deeper understanding of what keeping the commandment of getting my body healthy is all about.  And, I can receive even more blessings of health!  I'm recovering from my cold pretty well.  It's been barely over a week and I think I'm over it!

Now, if I could just get the Herbalife Weight Loss System to kick in.  I'm thinking with all of the changes in my body because of my detoxing (as well as this cold I've had) my system has been constantly trying to get settled into homeostasis!  Next virtue to learn:  Patience.  Looking forward to tomorrow's widget scripture is!

No comments:

Post a Comment