Monday, October 28, 2013

Adding three symptoms to list - Borrrrring!

Among my most recent posts I have mentioned some symptoms i.e. Fatigue, dizziness, muscle spasms, etc.  Here is the complete, up-to-date list but I've decided to add some symbols to indicate improvement or worsening or if it stayed pretty much the same over the past week.  If there is any kind of overall improvement, it's really just that  I've been able to gain a little energy to go to the doctor, store or church by taking caffeine pills (Guarana).

I just realized that there are three symptoms that I have but are not on the official list that the doctor gave me.

 The first is Fatigue.  It started back in October of 2012 and then got worse with time.  On April 5, when I had my first day of extreme symptoms, is when the really debilitating  fatigue started.  It's really one of my most major complaints. 
The second is kidney pain.  I don't know if this is related at all, but it seems like I've had some sort of pain off and on over the last 5 or 6 years.  I brought it up to my PCP back then but he dismissed it (just like he did when he told me drinking Diet Coke was not a problem).  On a regular, but intermittent basis, I've had pain there - anywhere from dull, aching to sharp.  I definitely have the dull achy type when I've been laying on my back for a long time. 
The third is what I think is dehydration.  My hands, especially my fingers, get all shriveled up.  If I drink a big glass of water, it gets better.  Dehydration, right?  I never had that before this year that I have ever noticed.  I seem to get that about 2-3 times a month if I'm not staying hydrated.  I started adding mineral drops to my drinking water but it's really gross tasting so I don't do it regularly.




  +  = worse
 -   =  less, or better
 ~   = stayed pretty much the same
XX  = never have had this symptom since March 2013

NEURO SYSTEM
Seizures                                   XX
Tremors                                   XX
headache                                  Mostly sinus type pain, every day  ~
Migraine                                   XX
mild dizziness                            daily, the majority of the day          ~
moderate dizziness                    daily                                             +
severe dizziness                        several times over the last week     ~
confusion, memory loss             Daily                                             ~
severe drowsiness                    Daily, intermittent,  2-5x day            ~
sleepiness                                 Severe sleepy "attacks" 1x/ day over last week about every other day  -
numbness of limb/s                    XX
weakness/muscle function of limb/s   minimal all week until yesterday      ~
slurring of speech                         minor but daily                                   ~                      
 stuttering                                    none over the last week                    +
severe hyperactivity                    XX
restless legs                                did experience in the winter but not again until two weeks ago  ~
 atypical facial pain                      XX




CHEST
Palpitations                               a couple of times over the last week     ~
 tachycardia                              a couple of times over the last week     ~
shortness of breath                    daily, intermittent                                  ++
high blood pressure                    XX
Angina                                       not in the last week that I can recall      ~

GASTROINTESTINAL
Nausea                                    mild to moderate, daily.  using peppermint oil effectively    -
diarrhea                                                                                                  -
pain when swallowing                 XX

EARS
Ringing                                      daily, constant                                     ~
Noise intolerance                       Loud noise                                          ~
marked hearing impairment        daily, intermittent                                  ~
Inner ear pain                            once over last week
            
PSYCHOLOGICAL/PSYCHIATRIC
Severe depression                        None before this month (10/2013)     -
irritability                                       mild                                                  -
aggression                                    XX
anxiety                                           moderate                                         ~
personality changes                        probably                                          ?
insomnia                                        daily, but slight improvement over last week.  ~  (2 days of 7 hours)
phobias                                          XX

EYES
Blindness                                      none
double vision                                  mild                                             ~
decreased vision                            mild                                              ~
blurring bright flashes                     XX
tunnel vision                                   XX
decreased night vision                    yes                                                 ~
eye pain                                         XX
decreased tears                              XX
trouble with contact lenses              yes                                                 ~
bulging eye/s                                  occasional                                       +

SKIN AND ALLERGIES
Itching without a rash                       daily.  area on right lower leg. upper back  ~
lip and mouth reactions                    XX
hives                                                XX
development or aggravation of asthma       not sure if my significant increase in shortness of breath (last few
        weeks) is technically asthma or not but descriptions found on the internet, but it sure sounds/feels like it and there is a bit of wheezing from time to time.                                        ?

ENDOCRINE AND METABOLIC
Loss of, or less control of, blood sugar levels (diabetes or hypoglycemia)  Yes   ~

menstrual changes                         XX
marked thinning or loss of hair       Yes                                                          ~
marked weight loss                        XX                  
marked weight gain                       yes. Today 167.8. Yikes. Was 143 in January.  24.8lb gain in 9 months.
severe PMS                                  XX

OTHER  

Urinary frequency                               daily.  every 2 hours.  But I drink a lot of liquids/water.    ~
burning with urination                         XX
excessive thirst                                    mild                                                                               ~
fluid retention                                      mild                                                                               -
 leg swelling                                          XX
bloating                                               daily, constant                                                               ~
increased susceptibility to infections/viruses   I've not had much exposure to virus' lately, plus I'm using "On Guard" essential oil propriety blend for a immune system boost. 

Unique to me that may or may not be related:
Chronic Post Nasal Drip and chronic mild to moderate nasal congestion.       yes, constant        ~
Buzzing  (most likely related)         yes, daily off and on, even wake up to it in the middle of the night     ~
Hysterical Laughing                               Only the one time, last week.  So far.

No comments:

Post a Comment