I was at a ward social/dinner last night and got asked by several people for my recipe to a soup I brought. I have to say I was a little surprised, cuz it's pretty easy and simple - but they seemed sincere ;) I also have to admit that I just put in what I had at home, so the recipe posted here comes as close to what I can remember that I put in....
1 cup of cooked, diced chicken (I didn't have time to cook it, so I used a large can of cooked chicken)
1 large can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1 large can of chicken broth (or it's equivalent)
8 oz pkg extra-wide egg noodles, cooked according to pkg directions
4 stalks celery, chopped
4 oz can of mushrooms, buttons or pieces and stems (I used buttons)
1/2 of a 8 oz. bag of mini peeled carrots, each one chopped in half
1/2 onion, chopped (I used dried onion last night - I think a little under 1/4 cup)
1 small bag of frozen peas - don't add until about 15 minutes before serving (otherwise they get soggy. Also, if they aren't heated for so long, they stay a brighter green)
1 tsp. seasoned salt
Salt and pepper to taste
If you want it creamier, add 1 small can of cream of celery soup
If you want it soupier/more watery, add water or more chicken broth
I par-boiled the carrots and celery to get it ready quicker, then added everything together, put it in the crock pot on low and it was ready in about an hour (because everything was already cooked before I put it in - the flavors just needed to blend). You can leave it in the crock pot longer if you want, of course! Or, put in a soup pot and put it on low on the stove - you'll probably just have to stir it more often.
That recipe sounds delicious I will have to try it myself soon. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteThank you Cindy for posting this recipe. We'll include this in our menu this week.
ReplyDeleteAmber is really excited about it.
i can attest--this soup is so bomb!! I loved it when you left it for us--I wanted to eat it over and over again. Delish!
ReplyDelete