Saturday, November 9, 2013

(Symptom update)

Overall, I think I'd have to say that I've been able to have a couple of better days here and there lately.

My crazy symptoms are sporadic, spontaneous and unpredictable but I have managed to be able to cross off a few things on my daily "to-do" list (some dish washing, a load of laundry here and there and even taking out the wastebasket)!   My coherency, cognitive skills and memory in/abilities are sporadic, spontaneous and unpredictable as well. 

Muscle Aches and Pains:  Now that I've spent so much time sitting and laying down, my body is getting softer and weaker and that's causing some real muscle aches and pains.  It's hard to stand up for more than about 5-10 minutes without my lower back getting really painful.  It's even become harder to get up from the couch or bed.  My shoulder joints need more stretching or something as well as they are pretty painful when I try to reach to the side - and forget about reaching backwards (think reaching back to pull off a sweater sleeves from behind).   I think I'm going to move more stretching closer to the top of my priority list.

About a month ago, I decided that getting massages wasn't really doing me much good - as far as making me feel generally better, but I've changed my mind with all of these new aches and pains. I've also read that all of this laying down is doing nothing to flush out toxins or even keep different parts of my body properly hydrated.  The majority of websites I've been reading recommend massage therapy to aid in these processes.  So, I have an appointment Monday!

Dizziness and Fatigue:  These are probably the symptoms that are slowing me down the most.  It's hard to sit through an hour of church without feeling like I'm going to fall off the bench.  It's a struggle to navigate from Point A to Point B most of the time and sometimes I have little, or no, control of the nausea that ensues. 

Energy:  I've learned how to pace myself a little better to get a few things done around the house, but when I have to go somewhere, the Guarana is a life-saver. 

Nausea:  The nausea seems to be better under control as well.  I'm pretty sure that the Cod Liver Oil is one of the culprits so I take less at a time and take it twice a day now instead of once.   I'm pretty sure that the dizziness is the main culprit, though.  I've learned to limit my mobility when I'm having the worse of the dizziness - for safety as well as to avoid the severe nausea.  Also, when it comes on, Peppermint Oil beadlets really knock it out right away but then sometimes I have to take it every 20 minutes or so.


Shortness of breath:  Until a couple of days ago, it was awful.  Couldn't talk much at a time, hard to get to kitchen, up stairs, etc.  It seems to be a little better over the last few days.

Social Life:  has picked up a bit as well!  I was invited over to a girlfriends house for lunch and three others were there as well last week.  The five of us had a fun time.  I ended up staying the longest, about 4 hours!  It was so nice to get out of the house and meet with friends.  We ended up in the living room and I was sitting on the floor.  It was physically hard to get up but I was involved in great conversation, too.  Afterwards, when I got home, I had to lay down on the sofa and there I stayed until bedtime.  My whole electrical system was overstimulate and I had the "buzzing" thing going during those 5 or 6 hours - but it was so worth it!


Last Saturday, we were invited out for breakfast with some friends and I had my doubts about my ability to get there, but really pushed myself (paced myself getting ready and took some Guarana).  I ended up having a really decent day. 

Also, my brother came down from Bellingham almost two weeks ago and has been keeping me company and making sure I don't need Emergency Services!  I'm usually pretty tired all day so it's not been our typical get together.


Yesterday, I went with Jenna to a doctor's appointment and afterwards we went to Fred Meyer's to fill a prescription.  I figured as long as we were there, I'd pick up a few things so I grabbed an electric shopping cart/chair thingy.  We saw a couple people we knew and it actually felt kinda weird to be out in public, saying hi and how ya doing!  NOT complaining, it did feel weird, but it felt GOOD!  One of them paid me a nice compliment as well.  MADE. MY. DAY.   Most people don't really know what's going on with my health and you can tell they are surprised I'm using the seated electric cart, but are nice enough to just keep it a normal, friendly, chance encounter.  I love normalcy - even if it IS in a seated electric cart! 

Jenna has also been able to come over a few times a week but she has just accepted a full-time nanny job though so I assume I won't see her much at all for the next two weeks as she'll have a 3 year old little girl 24/7.  Then she'll be moving with them to Portland.  :( 

Anyway, here's the list:

  +  = worse
 -   =  less, or better
 ~   = stayed pretty much the same
XX  = never have had this symptom since March 2013

NEURO SYSTEM
Seizures                                   XX
Tremors                                   XX
headache                                  ++ Severe headaches every day. Controlling w/ Excedrin Migraine formula.
Migraine                                   XX
mild dizziness                             ~  daily, the majority of the day
moderate dizziness                    +  daily, a little worse
severe dizziness                        ~  several times over the last week
confusion, memory loss             ~  Daily                  
severe drowsiness                    ~   Daily, intermittent,  2-5x day    
sleepiness                                 ~   sleepy "attacks" 1-3x day 
numbness of limb/s                    XX
weakness/muscle function of limb/s  - able to do a little less every day.   
slurring of speech                        - not noticed this much at all over the last week                      
 stuttering                                    ~ none over the last week                   
severe hyperactivity                    XX
restless legs                                ~ none to minimal
 atypical facial pain                      XX


CHEST
Palpitations                               ~ a couple of times a week    
 tachycardia                              ~  once over the last week    
shortness of breath                    ~  daily, intermittent                             
high blood pressure                    XX
Angina                                       ~  not in the last week that I can recall    

GASTROINTESTINAL
Nausea                                    ~   moderate, daily.  using peppermint oil effectively   
diarrhea                                    - not in the last two weeks                                                     
pain when swallowing                 XX

EARS
Ringing                                      ~  daily, constant                                 
Noise intolerance                       ~  Loud noise                                      
marked hearing impairment        ~  daily, intermittent                             
Inner ear pain                             + twice over last week
            
PSYCHOLOGICAL/PSYCHIATRIC
Severe depression                        ~  slightly better
irritability                                      ~  mild                                               
aggression                                    XX
anxiety                                          - a little less to moderate                                      
personality changes                        probably                                         
insomnia                                        ~  daily, last three nights have been especially bad again
phobias                                          XX

EYES
Blindness                                      none
double vision                                 + a little worse over the last several days
decreased vision                            ~   mild                                          
blurring bright flashes                     XX
tunnel vision                                   XX
decreased night vision                    yes                                                 ~
eye pain                                         XX
decreased tears                              XX
trouble with contact lenses              yes                                                 ~
bulging eye/s                                  +  more over the last week or so

SKIN AND ALLERGIES
Itching without a rash                      ~  daily.  area on right lower leg. 
lip and mouth reactions                    XX
hives                                                XX
development or aggravation of asthma   ?  Shortness of breath

ENDOCRINE AND METABOLIC
Loss of, or less control of, blood sugar levels (diabetes or hypoglycemia)  ~  Yes
menstrual changes                         XX
marked thinning or loss of hair       ~  Yes                                               
marked weight loss                        XX                  
marked weight gain                       +  up 2 pounds from 2 weeks ago. Now 170 lbs.  28 lbs gain in 9 mos.
severe PMS                                  XX

OTHER  

Urinary frequency                            ~   daily.  every 2 hours.  But I drink a lot of liquids/water.   
burning with urination                         XX
excessive thirst                                 ~    mild                                                                            
fluid retention                                   ~   mild                                                                          
 leg swelling                                          XX
bloating                                            ~   daily, constant                                                             
increased susceptibility to infections/viruses  ~   I've not had much exposure to virus' lately, plus I'm using "On Guard" essential oil propriety blend for a immune system boost. 

Unique to me that may or may not be related:
Chronic Post Nasal Drip and chronic mild to moderate nasal congestion.     ~  yes, constant/every day
Buzzing  (most likely related)      ~ daily off and on, even wake up to it in the middle of the night   
Hysterical Laughing                     -    Only the one time, two weeks ago.  So far.

No comments:

Post a Comment