Sunday, November 1, 2009

Idaho!


Two days after I got back from Brazil, we went on a family vacation to Cascade Lake in Donnelly, Idaho in August. Here are a few pix. The first one, above, I think says it all! It is of Jenna and Emilea Barfuss.

It's never too early to get Micah used to being in a tube!


He has a smile on his face because he knows he looks so sweet, sweet like candy = Skittles to be exact!


Isn't he just the most beautiful child!?!


Here is the Jordan Tittelfitz family. Ohhh, aren't they cute together?

The MEN on the trip!

Ok, I know, this is a kooky picture. My lovely, designer hat, Micah's pink floatie suit, the green Brazilian hat, and the fingers hooked into Oma's mouth!

Hey, we know how to have fun (or make fun - of Micah). It's fun to dress up a baby when he can't object to how silly he really looks!

Although the weather was cloudy, a little cool, water choppy and sometimes rainy - that doesn't keep us from having TUBE WARS~!




Justin has such a fun sense of humor. These are the pieces out of a Wits and Wagers game. Or ARE they????




Count on mom to always get injured! This lovely bruise is from slipping off the engine cover onto the swim platform into the water. I was laughing so hard everyone thought I was hysterically crying. Once they realized I wasn't really hurt, they joined in = laughing at me!

Also, not only did I end up with a huge bruise on my thigh, I got one on my ankle as well. I was wakeboarding and crashed face forward. My body was using momentum to glide forward in the water - my right foot came out of the boot, but my left foot didn't. Hence, the board was jerking my left foot around in the flailing board. Not only did my ankle sustain torn ligaments and tendons, but the stitching in the wakeboard boot got ripped out.

We rented a lovely 4 bedroom house that was about a mile from the water.
Grandpa Fred and Grandma Karen joined us for a couple of days, then the Barfuss' came up for a few also.

Although the weather was not that great, and we had a few mechanical problems, we still had a great time! We got to sleep in, eat lots of great food and play games.

Add Image
Jordan, Becca and Micah came from Provo, and Justin came down from Seattle. Unfortunately, Jensen couldn't get off of work.

After a week, though, I was ready to come home, but not ready to say goodbye to family and friends.




1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun trip. We will never forget it. Thanks again for letting us in the cabin even with a crying baby.

    ReplyDelete